Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just Stuff

Self-Doubt

I've read a lot of blog posts lately that talk about our self-doubt as writers. Fear of failure is a common reason writers don't finish their manuscripts or don't submit their revised manuscripts to agents or editors. Is there something about starting a new year and the goal-setting process that scares us? Here's a post by Alexandra Levit on zenhabits that describes 5 Great Ways to Conquer Self-Doubt.


eHarlequin Worldwide

Today I received my copies of the mass market paperback version of The Prairie Grass Murders which will be released in February at the online eHarlequin bookstore. I'll scan my beautiful pink and black cover art and post it here sometime this week.


American Idol

The American Idol season premiere is tonight (Tuesday). I love this show. And Sunday night is the season premiere of 24, another favorite. Can't help it. I'm a prime time TV junkie.


The Book

I made good progress over the weekend with almost 4,000 words added to the manuscript. I thought I was closer to the end than I am. It's my main character's fault. She was supposed to end up in handcuffs this week, but she's on the road again. Since I don't know where the heck she's going, I can't predict if I'll finish the manuscript this week or whether it will take a little longer. Even so, we're on the final stretch. I'm feeling good.


My Reading List and Future Book Giveaways

I'm making a bit of headway in reading and getting rid of books I've accumulated. I now have a lovely stack to pack up and take to one of the local independent bookstores that will give credit for quality used books. I'm keeping a couple of the signed books, ones I highly recommend, for a book giveaway in a week or two. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

How exciting it must be to have a mass market paperback! Congratulation!

I’ve never be an Idol fan and I gave up on 24 because for some reason we always missed the last, most important episode.

Anonymous said...

You've been busy! Congrats on your book. I hope the release goes well and can't wait for you to scan the cover for us!

Terry Odell said...

I had a heck of a time keeping my characters on the page when I was trying to end my book as well. Think they're trying to tell us something?

Elspeth Futcher said...

I'm glad you can feel the end is nearing. I'd appreciate it if you could send that particular feeling my way. Ah, 24. Time, once again for Jack to save the world.

Elspeth

Patricia Stoltey said...

Terry, you may have a point. Maybe my characters and I have enjoyed this too much and we don't want it to be over?

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Congrats on 4,000 words in a weekend! That was some productive weekend...

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Mystery Lovers’ Kitchen

Mason Canyon said...

Sounds like your week has gone well. You have to watch that main character of your's, sounds like she's going to be something else. :)

Kerrie said...

Love the new cover--I am so glad Idol has started. I also have 24 ready to DVR on Sunday.