I'm doing it again. I've set aside a big block of writing days in another push to finish this darned first draft. The days are stretched out before me. Five days. Today through Sunday. If I can do it, I'll finally have the manuscript I'd hoped to complete by December 31st.
The hard part is keeping my main character under control. I'm working on that.
Now for the serious business of the day. The wonderful Kaye Barley who blogs at Meanderings and Musings recently received the most excellent "Lesa's Bald Faced Liar (SCRATCH THAT!) 'Creative Writer' Blogger Award" from Lesa Holstine of Lesa's Book Critiques. I was super-pleased that Kaye included me when she passed the award along.
Thanks, Kaye. This is a most distinguished, highfalutin award. I am truly honored. I've included the link back to Lesa's blog and hope other recipients of this award will do the same. If you read books, you'll love Lesa's reviews and interviews. As for Kaye, she blogs about about books and authors and other stuff that's going on in her world. Once you've dropped by for a visit, you'll want to return often.
Okay. On with the fun. This award comes with a few rules. Rules that Lesa Holstine made up. And here they are:
Recipients must -
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell us up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Allow your readers to guess which one or more are true.
6. Nominate seven "Creative Writers" who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
7. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
8. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
Before I get to the tall tales, I'd like to nominate seven bloggers who (hopefully) will enjoy this creative exercise:
Helen Ginger of Straight From Hel
Elizabeth Spann Craig at Mystery Writing is Murder
Elspeth Antonelli at It's a Mystery
Sophie Littlefield at Can't Stop Won't Stop
Terry Odell at Terry's Place
Donna M. Kohlstrom at A Florida Writer's Life
Donna Volkenannt at Donna's Book Pub
These bloggers seem to have a pretty good sense of humor, so I'll be interested to see what outrageous stories they tell us.
So, back to Number Four -- tell six outrageous lies about myself and at least one outrageous truth. Here we go:
1. After I took belly-dancing lessons in the 70s, I performed in public with a troupe of five other dancers.
2. Lee Child bought me a drink at Bouchercon in Indianapolis (2009).
3. The last manuscript I submitted to Five Star was perfect as is and required no editing.
4. When there's no one else in the house, I loudly sing along to music from my favorite singers, including Elvis Presley, Garth Brooks, and Joan Armatrading.
5. I'm obsessive about cleaning house and keeping my office spic n' span -- a place for everything and everything in its place.
6. I never eat lunch.
7. When I was a teen, I visited relatives in Philadelphia and got to dance on American Bandstand.
Now it's us to you to guess which of these statements is true. What do you think?