Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Paperback version of The Prairie Grass Murders

Originally released in 2007 as a hardcover, and in 2008 in audiobook, The Prairie Grass Murders is now available in paperback from Harlequin Worldwide Mystery. Books may be ordered through eHarlequin's online store.

I'd be really happy if you would pass that link around to your friends and family. The Prairie Grass Murders is set mostly in central Illinois in the farm country where I grew up, but wraps up in South Florida, which is where my main characters now live. Sylvia Thorn, age 59, is a Palm Beach County circuit court judge. Her older brother, Willie Grisseljon, is a Vietnam veteran. When Willie finds a body on his Illinois vacation, he and a deputy sheriff don't see eye to eye on Willie's right to wander the countryside. It's up to Sylvia to sort out the resulting mess.


New Book Giveaway Coming Soon

I found a box just the right size. Next step is to select the books so there's a nice mix of mysteries and thrillers. I'm working on that.


On Blatant Self-Promotion (yes, I see the humor of using this quote today when I'm blatantly self-promoting)

Get someone else to blow your horn and the sound will carry twice as far.
---------------Will Rogers (at brainyquote.com)



On Writing

When asked, "How do you write?" I invariably answer, "one word at a time."
---------------Stephen King (at brainyquote.com)



On the Winter Olympics

The problem with winter sports is that - follow me closely here - they generally take place in winter.
---------------Dave Barry (at brainyquote.com)



Thank goodness I can watch the Oympics on television.

6 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

I love the Stephen King quote. However, since his newest book is over 1000 pages, I have a hard time believing it's true!

Congratulations on the paperback release of the Prairie Grass Murders. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Ann Elle Altman said...

I'm gonna take a look at your book. It sounds interesting. I love mysteries.

ann

Mason Canyon said...

Congratulations on the release of your book in paperback. Love the quotes.

Jan Morrison said...

I look forward to reading your book - it sounds great! And I'm with Stephen King - plod on!

Elspeth Futcher said...

It's not winter here and the Olympics are in 9 days! Snow is being trucked in from mountains in the interior as here on the coast, the cherry trees are beginning to bloom.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi all, thanks for stopping by. And Elspeth, I'm wondering...are you having an unusually early spring? I just noticed the tulips and daffodils by my front door (Northern Colorado) have pushed through the ground, but I'm sure they'll get an ugly surprise later on as we often get big snows in March and April.