I'm off to the Northern Colorado Writers Conference tomorrow and Saturday, so you'll be hearing about my adventures in late postings tomorrow night and Saturday night (provided I'm not too exhausted to think and type at the same time).
Today I went to J.C. Penney to look for something new to wear at the conference. Looking at myself in the full-length mirror was a predictably unpleasant experience. I bought a very long jacket to hide the results of consuming too many Hershey's Kisses, M&Ms, and a lot of other things I won't even mention. Add to that months of inactivity while I sat at my computer, writing a novel, and you can imagine the damage I've done.
I can't tell you how much I hate full-length mirrors.
Now I'm (bad word deleted) depressed.
You know what this means. Yes, it's time to stop eating and start exercising. I've brought this on myself, and I must face the consequences. I'm not going to bore you by constantly crying on your shoulder, but please be understanding if I get cranky.
Five Other Things That Make Me Cranky
1. My husband listening to Morse code (practice dictation) in the next room while I'm trying to write my blog post. Yes, that's happening at this very moment.
2. The speed with which dust accumulates in our house.
3. Listening to state, national and international news, including financial news.
4. Listening to politicians.
5. Barking dogs in the neighborhood (strangely similar to crankiness triggers 3 and 4).
I'm sure it will all be better tomorrow once I start enjoying conference activities.