Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Twitter Milestone

As I typed this yesterday, I had 992 followers on Twitter. I don't know why I'm a little excited at getting so close to 1,000. Does it really matter? Does anyone care? Why do I care?

* Name Patricia Stoltey
* Location Northern Colorado
* Web http://patriciast...
* Bio: Author, Blogger, Book Lover

1,229 Following 992 Followers 78 Listed

Well, I'll tell you. It's fun. I've made a few real friends among those followers, shared information and fun links, laughed out loud at how clever some people can be in 100 characters or less.

The folks I follow have pointed the way to new blogs and books to read, movie reviews, and helpful hints on everything from healthy eating to recycling to good writing.

If you're careful about the amount of time you spend at this addictive social media venue, you'll have a great opportunity to make contacts all over the world. It's like having 1,000 pen pals.

Other than just having fun, Twitter is a writer's paradise for networking with other writers and readers and non-readers who might want to buy your book for Aunt Mabel for Christmas because Aunt Mabel reads ten books a week.

I think it would be pretty cool to go over 1,000 followers today, so if you haven't followed me yet, here's where you go: http://twitter.com/PStoltey

13 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Congratulations Patricia that's some following,

Yvonne.

Mason Canyon said...

You'll be over 1,000 followers before you know it. Congratulations.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Jennifer Shirk said...

I just added you so you're one step closer. :)

Simon Hay said...

Twitter is fun, and it also takes a little practice to tweet well. I'm meeting wonderful people and opportunities are unfolding with 200 followers. 1000! Yikes! Yes, to monitoring how much time you can waste.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

I just found you on twitter. How long have you been there? 1000 followers is incredible! I can get addicted to blogging but not twitter.

Jemi Fraser said...

Love it - that's a TON of followers Pat :)

Peggy Frezon said...

Congratulations. I love Twitter. It's so easy to connect, and I've made many lasting friends that way too. Plus, met up with people to interview for magazine articles. Happy tweeting!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Just dropping in for a minute to say hi -- I'm off to a three-hour sales tax class today at the Department of Revenue. Sigh.

I just checked my Twitter numbers and now sit at 996. Thanks a bunch to my newest Twitter friends.

Karen, I started my blog in May 2009 and joined Twitter and Facebook shortly after that. I've moved a little faster on Twitter than on Facebook.

Glynis Peters said...

Twitter is a great way to meet exciting folk from around the world. I do restrict my time there though, it is addictive.

Happy Twittering.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! I'm still hoping for a hundred.

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

That is so cool, Patricia!
Congratulations!

Monti

Dani said...

I am following about 2,500 hundred people, and many are book people. Go through that list if you want to find some very cool authors, librarians, agents, etc.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Did anyone notice? I hit 1,000 this afternoon? Now I can focus on the next project...