Saturday, February 9, 2013

Another Brain Freeze

Yes, I do have brain freeze a lot. It's not because my head is empty, but because it's too full of stuff to do, places to go, people to see, and problems to solve.

Here are my excuses:

1.  This weekend I'm busy cuddling my brand new granddaughter and enjoying the antics of her older sister.

2.  When I'm not doing that, I need to focus on adding chapters to my WIP so I have something to submit to my critique group.

3.  My bloggerly To Do List is out of control. I have more posts to write for this blog and Chiseled in Rock including an editor interview, guests to schedule, guest posts to pre-schedule, and a theme to plan for the April A to Z Blog Challenge.

4.  I'm signed up to attend Left Coast Crime 2013 in Colorado Springs in late March and have been assigned to a panel.  This is a big YAY!, but if I'm going to be on a panel, I need a new beautiful outfit. That would be a  DOUBLE YAY! except I hate shopping.

5.  I have to start physical therapy next week for my creaky knee.

There's more, but this is beginning to sound like whining. I'll stop now.

Anyway, cuddling a baby is lots more fun than writing blog posts.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I hate shopping as well. And I have more upcoming blog posts to write than anticipated. Somehow, we'll both manage!

Anonymous said...

Oooo baby cuddling. Just that yummy baby smell is enough to send the brain into a sweetly contented numb mode. Grandma love is so all-encompassing.

Congratulations on the panel, even if it requires shopping.

As for all the blogging requirements, how easily it can suck time. Because I'm one of your readers, I'm glad you allow it to suck some of yours. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats on the brand new grandbaby! There's nothing better in the whole world - enjoy every single moment. Those moments are more important than everything else.

Congrats on the panel too - I hate shopping as well - hope it's not too bad :)

Anonymous said...

Pat - Wow! You are busy and with some great stuff, too! Aren't grandbabies the best??? That's for sure more fun than a lot of other things. Oh, and congrats on being chosen for a LCC panel! You'll be great!