Yes, there's a downside to being a writer:
1. When you have a manuscript that qualifies as a neverending story, not because of its length but because you can't stop rewriting or revising the stupid thing.
2. When friends and relatives keep asking if you'll have a new book coming out soon...and you don't.
3. When you have so many ideas that you can't decide what to write next...and often end up with a bunch of unfinished projects as a result.
4. When you need to promote a book...which sometimes requires you to dress professionally and go out in public and act like you know what you're doing.
5. When no one who really knows you takes your little writing hobby seriously...even the cat. Especially the cat.