Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Being a Book Pusher is a Good Thing

I plan to do a lot of book pushing over the next few months, and that includes books for kidlets, middle grade, and young adult.

If you write books for the younger set and want to do a guest post between now and Christmas, email me at the address linked in my blogger profile (right sidebar) or leave a comment with your contact information.

Or....message me on Twitter or Facebook.

Dori Hillestad Butler (the Haunted Library series for 8-12 years old) is scheduled for this Friday, September 12th.

I also have mystery writers on the schedule this fall, and a bunch of the talented writers  from Northern Colorado representing a variety of genres. There will be a post about the most excellent anthology published by Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers called Crossing Colfax.



And as I get caught up in my reading, you'll hear more about Susan Spann's shinobi mystery Blade of the Samurai, Mark Stevens upcoming Allison Coil mystery release Trapline, Pamela Nowak's Colorado Book Award winning Changes, and more. I plan to give up sleeping so I can read all these most delicious books and then persuade you to buy them too.

Is there any better gift to give for a birthday or holiday than a book? Not in my book.

Now I'm off to investigate the September Sisters in Crime SinC-Up for bloggers. If you're a blogger and interested in knowing more about the SinC-Up, you can visit the bloghop page at the SinC National website. You do not have to be a SinC member to participate. It looks like another fun way to connect with other bloggers, and that's always a good thing.

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I take it you're in that anthology? Because you should be.

Anonymous said...

Pat - One of the things I love about your blog is how supportive you are of other authors.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Alex, if they have a theme I know something about next time, I will definitely submit. But I know nothing about life on Colfax in Denver. I understand it's pretty interesting, though, so I'm eager to read the stories.

Thanks, Margot! I think it might be my purpose because truly I'm more of a reader than I am a writer. There's nothing better than a great read, and nothing more satisfying than getting kids to read too.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Not only do I love to get books or bookstore gift cards as gifts, I love to give them, too. Giving someone a book I think they'll really like is one of my favorite things to do. :)

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption