Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Stop This Treadmill....I'm Getting Dizzy

That's how I feel on a treadmill at the gym. I'm not sure when that started, but it's scary because the dizziness gets worse when I step off the equipment. It's a lot like finally disembarking after being out on the water a long time.

However, the treadmill I'm talking about is the current "try to promote a new book, finish writing another book, and do all that other stuff I agreed to do in moments of craziness where I thought I was superwoman" treadmill.

You know what I mean, right? Sometimes you take on too much? Sometimes you think you're Superman or Wonder Woman and your response to all requests for help gets stuck on YES and it keeps replaying over and over while you slowly drown in your commitments?

Well, maybe you don't do that.

I do.

And I think I like it.

If I quit doing all the stuff I do now, I'd end up a being a retired person.....who takes on projects and volunteer work and serves on boards and runs for office fosters abandoned cats and ends up on another treadmill.

Some of us humans are like that.

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Right now I feel borderline too much. Next spring I will probably implode...

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Hey, I think we blogged about the same thing today. Yeah, let's stay busy so we don't decide to run for office. LOL

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I don't plan on ever retiring from writing.... :)

Donna Volkenannt said...

It's great to stay busy, especially busy writing. I'm heading over to Goodreads.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Patricia .. I've two new things landed on me today - both need to get done - one very shortly ..

And I do enjoy being busy and having something to look forward to ... keeps me out of mischief (theoretically!!) ..

Cheers Hilary

Patricia Stoltey said...

It appears none of us have much time for getting into trouble. It's probably better that way...

Eileen Goudge said...

We're on the same treadmill, Patricia. I wish I could get off, or take a break at least. I go back to the days when all I had to do was write. But then I'd miss all the great people I've met online and all the opportunities the Internet has to offer. Sigh. No easy solution.

Unknown said...

Absolutely! Some weeks every day is a whirlwind and I fall in to the bed at the end of it wondering what I'm doing to myself. But on the other hand, it always amazes me what we can accomplish with 24 hours. Good luck on your treadmill, Patricia!