Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TA DA (and notes about this week's guests)

Here's the TA DA:

Finally, finally, finally....

I have finished the truly horrid first draft of my new manuscript.

It was supposed to be suspense, but it looks more like a mystery.

It was supposed to be standalone, but the ending sets it up for a sequel...or even a series.

And its temporary title is NaNoWriMo novel.

It needs a lot of work. I can hardly wait to get started...


Thursday's Guest Author

I'm thrilled to have author Susan Spann as my guest tomorrow. Her Shinobi mystery series was launched this week with the official release of Claws of the Cat. And just so you know, the book is a winner. I'm already looking forward to the second novel in the series.


Saturday's Guest Author

Rich Keller is back, this time with exciting news about his novel, a little advice about editing, and a lot of Keller humor.


What I'll Be Doing Next Week

We're about to launch the new Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers blog which is connected to the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers website. I had the fun of putting together a team of contributors from the RMFW membership, so even though I won't be posting a lot myself, I'll have my fingers in the pie by editing, proofing, and formatting/scheduling for guests. The blog will be focused on RMFW and its members, but the membership is huge and includes all fiction genres, so there will be something for everyone who reads or writes. Watch for more information next week.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations! Hopefully it's not such a mystery you can't figure it out.
Cool you guys are starting a blog.

Anonymous said...

Pat - Oh, I can't tell you how happy I am that you got your man done! Super! Doesn't matter what it's morphed into, it's great news!! And I do look forward to your guests, and to your new group blog.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Patricia .. I had to do a double take at Margot's comment .. "so happy you got your man done!" .. then I realised manuscript! Non-writers need a brain occasionally!

So pleased for you and your RMFW site must help so many .. cheers Hilary

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see what y'all do with the new blog, Pat! And it's always those stories that we know are a total mess, but still can't wait to dig back into, that are the ones that end up being fantastic!

Sharon Himsl said...

Congrats on the new ms! This is always the hardest part (for me anyway). Now you can revise to your heart's content.

LD Masterson said...

Happy re-writing!