Monday, June 29, 2009

Colorado Author -- Janet Lane

Does anyone out there like a good historical romance with a little spice and a lot of intrigue? Today's Colorado author delivers that and more. Published by Five Star's Expressions line of romance and women's fiction, Janet Lane's Coin Forest Legend Series features Gypsy adventures set in 15th century England.

Now I'm going to admit that I don't read a lot of historical romance, but since Janet and I participated in two or three group signings together, and I knew I would keep running into her at Rocky Mountain Fiction Writer events, I decided to give her first novel, Tabor's Trinket, a try.

My conclusion? Tabor's Trinket (adventures of Sharai and Lord Tabor) is well-written, an exciting adventure, and the Gypsy and period research is outstanding. The part that is fiction is seamlessly blended into fact.

There is a giant bonus when you follow the link to Janet's website. Be sure to check out the articles posted on her writing page. Her column in the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers newsletter is always
informative, and she'll be presenting workshops on plotting and Twitter at RMFW Colorado Gold Conference in September. On top of everything else she does, and I don't know where she finds the time, Janet now has a blog. My readers will want to check out her June 26 post on book signings (especially since I think I participated in at least one of those less-than-successful group signings Janet describes).

The second book in the series, which I have not yet read, is Emerald Silk (adventures of Kadriya and John Wynter). Janet is working on Legend of Coin Forest (adventures of Stephen and Alina), the third book in the series.

6 comments:

KK Brees said...

Colorado is awash in authors! For one state, it sure seems to produce a plethora - sort of like Ohio and presidents.

Janet Lane said...

Patricia,

What a pleasant surprise to learn you featured me on your web site. Thank you so much!

Yes, it's as you suspected - I was, indeed, discussing our -um- challenging book signing. I tried to follow your lead, remaining calm, almost serene. LOL Live and learn.

It's my turn to compliment YOU on your second release and on the strong reviews your books have been receiving ... "incredible talent." intricate plot development." "clever, satisfying endings."

Keeping writing your mystery magic, and thanks again for the review!

Helen Ginger said...

Great post. I love the book covers. They're eye catching, plus you can see that they're a series by the background on each. Good idea!

Helen
Straight From Hel

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Historical Romance is not usually my genre, but these sound really interesting - now I need to go check out her blog and web site. Thanks.

JaneKennedySutton

Anonymous said...

What an endorsement! We're all going to want you to read our books!

joe doaks-Author said...

Thanks for the links in this post, Patricia. I went to both Janet's web site, blog, and the Denver Conference site. I may be attending. Not sure yet. But, thanks to you, I've got some information and a link.

Best Regards, Galen