Writer Beware Blogs!
"Writer Beware, a publishing industry watchdog group sponsored by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America with additional support from the Mystery Writers of America, shines a bright light into the dark corners of the shadow-world of literary scams, schemes, and pitfalls. We also provide industry news, advice for writers, and a special focus on the weird and wacky things that happen at the fringes of the publishing world."
"I don't hate you. I just hate your query letter.""I am an assistant at a literary agency. I am the first line of defense for my boss. On average, I reject 95% of the letters immediately and put the other 5% in the "maybe" pile. Here, I'll talk about my work. Do not email me your submissions. I do that at work, not in my spare time."
And if you have no interest in these writing-related sites, check out these three humor blogs:
How Not to Act Old
Does This Blog Make Us Look Fat?
Attack of the Redneck Mommy
Be sure to drop by tomorrow for my first guest blogger, Alan Orloff, author of the debut thriller, Diamonds for the Dead.