Saturday, August 7, 2010

Excused Absence

I'm working on my book this weekend.

I'm going to point you toward a couple of excellent blog posts by blogger friends:


Cat Woods at Words From the Woods: On a BlogRoll: do you have what it takes?

I answered all of Cat's questions and reached the conclusion I should never have started a blog. However, now that I'm here, I'll probably hang out for a while. I will be taking some weekends off to write more, and I will have more guest bloggers, but I'm enjoying this blogging community so much I'd hate to give up.


Beth Groundwater's blog: Cover Art for Deadly Currents!

Take a look at the cover for Beth's first book in her new Rocky Mountain Outdoor Adventures series. Her release date is March 1, 2011.


Poe's Deadly Daughters: The Zen and the Art of Ice Cream

A delightful guest post from Wendy Lyn Watson and Mary Jane Maffini.


Chuck Sambuchino's Guide to Literary Agents Editor's Blog: How to Start Your Mystery Novel

There's more in this helpful post about beginnings, including first sentences.


Have a wonderful weekend.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patricia - Thanks for these helpful blog "signposts." I hope your writing goes well.

Mason Canyon said...

Good luck with your weekend writing. Thanks for the great links.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Unknown said...

Write lots of words ... Oh, I think you're revising. Lots of pertinent words.

Ann Best said...

I haven't looked at the link yet, do I have what it takes to do a blog? but I'd probably not do well on the "test" either! Don't ever give this up. I'd miss you.

I hope you have a productive weekend with your book!!!

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks as always Patricia,

Have a wonderful "Working" week-end.

Yvonne.

JournoMich said...

Great links--and good luck on your book work this weekend!

Michele
SouthernCityMysteries

Anonymous said...

I'll check them out. And I'm doing some writing this weekend too. Feels good to hear the clacking of the keys again.

Stephen Tremp

Unknown said...

Great links, I'm gonna check them out now.

CD

Jemi Fraser said...

Thanks for the links :) Enjoy the weekend.

Unknown said...

I found them all quite interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Simon Hay said...

Hi, happy writing!

Kaye Wilkinson Barley - Meanderings and Muses said...

Well, you certainly caught my attention with your declaration about " . . . I should never have started a blog." I can't wait to scoot over there and see if I should have! Thanks for these links - and good luck with your writing!

Anonymous said...

Pat,
Happy writing! I so understand what you're feeling. Writing comes first!

Beth Groundwater said...

Thanks, Pat, for the mention, and I hope you make a lot of of progress on your book this weekend!
- Beth

Maryannwrites said...

Thanks for pointing us to those helpful blogs. Hope you had a good weekend of writing.

Cruella Collett said...

Thanks for those great links. I will definitely check them out :)

Also, I finally passed your Creative Writer award on in case you're interested. You had me worrying I wouldn't be able to come up with anything interesting for a while there ;) Thanks again for giving me that award!

Hope you had a great and productive weekend! :)

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Hi Patricia,
That was a tough test, I hope my blogger friends don't take it or I will end up by myself :-))

By the way, my story about the Jamaican girl who has your signed copy of "The Prairie Grass Murder" is posted!

Also, I meant to tell you that I enjoyed the novel big time. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it. I liked the characters a lot, of course Syl my favorite, and Tak my next... I guess I can relate to her...hehehe

Doris Plaster