Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday Scramble

Tomorrow's Guest

Dorthy St. James, author of Flowerbed of State: A White House Gardener Mystery, will be here tomorrow with an excellent post about her best management practices.


Ten More Things Elspeth Has Learned About Writing

If you don't already follow Elspeth Antonelli's It's a Mystery blog, you really should. Her Ten More Things post is right on.


The Best Throw-It-Together Stir Fry Ever

I tend to stir fry mostly with chicken, but this time I used frozen shrimp marinated in low sodium soy sauce, combined with sliced carrots, sliced green onions, snow peas and shredded spinach. It was colorful, tasty and very, very fast.


Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Colorado Gold Conference

Today I registered for this September conference in Denver and signed up to take one of the new master classes scheduled for Friday morning. I chose the attorney-taught session on copyright and contracts.

Did you know there's a contest associated with this conference? Unpublished novelists with a completed manuscript should take a look. The deadline is June 1st.

The Giveaway

Don't forget to leave a comment here for another entry in my 300 followers giveaway. If I get to 300 by Saturday evening, I'll give away one $25.00 amazon.com gift certificate.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat - Thanks for mentioning Elspeth's post - isn't it terrific!? And I am looking forward to Dorthy's visit tomorrow :-).

Dean K Miller said...

Thanks Pat for linking to Elspeth's post. A great way to start my writing day, with a smile.

Murees Dupè said...

Thank you so much for stopping by and following my blog. I really like your blog. It was nice meeting you.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm all about the stir-fry!

Edna Pontillo said...

Elspeth's list is right on! And your shrimp stir fry sounds yummy.

Elspeth Futcher said...

*blush* Thanks, Pat! You're the best.

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Look forward to tomorrow's post and all the other events.

Take care.
Yvonne,

Pam said...

Hey, I'm going to try that shrimp stir-fry.

Pam

Kathleen said...

I can't imagine you missing the mark, Pat. I never know what I'll find here. That alone keeps me coming back.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Love Elspeth's post. :) And...we haven't had stir fry here for a while...thanks for the tip!