Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday Scramble

Tomorrow's Guest

Elizabeth C. Main, author of No Rest for the Wicked from Five Star/Cengage, will be here with a post about keeping up with the rapidly changing world of publishing.


Agent Blogs

I follow BookEnds, LLC -- A Literary Agency blog, Rachelle Gardner, Literary Agent, Janet Reid, Literary Agent, Babbles from Scott Eagan, and Pub Rants (Kristin Nelson).

Do you have any other agent blogs to recommend?


The Office Cleaning Project

Finally, it's coming together. Most of my clutter is now in the hallway and will not be allowed back inside. Instead, I'm hauling down a box at a time to sort for shredding, recycling, or filing. I'm realizing through this process that I print too much stuff that quickly goes out of date, therefore wasting a lot of paper. I've resolved to print less and book mark more.

My desk has been turned so my back is not to the door. I've moved a few plants to my office -- I can protect them from Katie Kitten because she's only allowed in this room while I'm here. I finally hung up the bulletin board which I purchased two years ago (and the fact that it's slightly askew is barely noticeable). Katie has a clear path to her windowsill perch where she can watch the birds, squirrels, and the weather. And I'm off to buy a one-cup coffeemaker for my office to help me get through NaNoWriMo.

My writing life has changed more than you can possibly imagine, just by cleaning up my space.


What I'm Reading

Ice Trap, a novel of psychological suspense by Swedish author Kitty Sewell, is excellent. I'm having a tough time putting it down so I can get other work done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat - So happy to hear how well your office project is going :-). It's giving me some impetus to do something about my own workspace. And I wish you well with NaNoWriMo. I'm sure you'll create something terrific. I'll look forward to Elizabeth's guest post tomorrow.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes cleaning up and clearing out is rejuvenating!