Friday, December 9, 2011

Getting the House in Order

Today

The new kitchen floor has been installed and now it's time to put the house in order. The first thing on the agenda is to go buy more shelves for my office closet and the kitchen pantry. The urge to organize is now stronger than the urge to write, so I need to seize the day. The urge to organize never seems to last very long.

Around noon Mountain Time I'll select the winner of the 2012 Writing Planner designed by Northern Colorado Writers Director Kerrie Flanagan and illustrated by the NCW Visual Designer, April Moore. You need to go back to Monday's post to enter. Sometime this afternoon I'll post the winner here.


And A YA Book Recommendation

If you have a YA fan to buy a book for this holiday season, I'd like to recommend the new sci fi novel from Amy Kathleen Ryan, Glow (the first book in the Sky Chasers series). Amy is an excellent writer, and your YA reader doesn't need to be a big sci fan to enjoy this one. (Note to the gift giver...you might want to read it before you wrap it up.) Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good story. There's a buzz, and the online bookseller rankings and reviews tell the tale.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat - Oh, I'll bet the kitchen floor looks great! I'm glad that part is done. Thanks for the YA recommendation, too :-).

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad the floor is in! I know what you'll be doing this weekend.

Jan Morrison said...

any chance we could see those floors? I gave before and after pics when I cleaned my messy office. just saying...

Patricia Stoltey said...

Margot -- I LOVE the new floor. It's so pretty I hate to put any of the furniture back in the kitchen.

Alex -- The hard part is deciding how to rearrange things and what to get rid of. However, I can't take forever. My company arrives on the 23rd.

Jan -- It never occurred to me to take before pictures of the kitchen, although I did take before pictures of my office clutter a few weeks...months ago for a before/after post...assuming I ever actually get it cleaned up. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

The urge to organize must not be ignored - it's a flighty devil. Have fun with it all! :)

Patricia Stoltey said...

Jemi, you are so right. Today a lot will depend on my husband's cooperation since I need someone with muscle to help. :)