J. A. Kazimer, author of Curses! A F**ked-Up Fairy Tale will be here to talk about murder.
Blogging from A to Z April Challenge 2012
You still have plenty of time to sign up. The last I heard the gang was trying for 1,000 participants. As of the last time I checked, the total was 782. If you haven't heard of this challenge yet, it takes place on 26 days in April. You can find all the rest of the information and the sign up list at the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge blog.
Versatile Blogger Award
I've been honored with the Versatile Blogger Award from mystery author Beth Groundwater. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post. (done)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 15 others.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
The slightly expanded seven things I posted in 2010:
1. My favorite all-time most loved food is pizza (especially with goat cheese and spinach).
2. I have not had a pet for the last 25 years. (This, of course, is no longer true, since we now have Katrina, aka Katie Cat -- although I'm not sure who's the pet and who's the owner).
3. The last pet I had (before Katrina) was a pug (named Buster).
4. I spent my first two years of college at the University of Illinois, then went back to school ten years later to earn a degree from Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
5. I only have one sibling, a younger brother.
6. The two creepiest places I ever visited were the battlefield at Gettysburg on a foggy morning, and The Little Bighorn battlefield on a sunny, windy day. I think those sites are haunted.
7. I have a wild imagination.
Passing it on:
I know many more than 15 bloggers, especially new bloggers, who deserve recognition for their efforts. Would you scan my blogrolls in the right sidebar and pick at least one new blog to visit and leave a comment? That seems like a good way to spread a little blogger love without leaving anyone out.
My New Blogging Schedule
Remember I'm starting a new schedule as of March 1st. My regular blogging days will be Tuesday (Chiseled in Rock), Thursday, and Saturday, with occasional blog book tour authors on Mondays. In April I'll do the A to Z Challenge, then return to the new schedule on May 1st.
For those who want to make sure to see my posts, I've added the e-mail signup box in the right sidebar.
Last But Not Least
The wild winds in Northern Colorado the last few weeks have given me a good idea what it might have been like to live in Wyoming.
I'm dieting these days, so I'm very hungry for things that taste good but aren't very good for me. For instance, Monday for lunch I had three tangerines, one Babybel lite cheese, and two huge carrots. That's a lot of healthy food which should have filled me up, but I couldn't stop thinking about chocolate and Triscuits and cheddar cheese and nacho chips (with salsa) and pistachios and petit beurre cookies...
In addition to the writing book I'm reading for review, I'm also reading books on psychics and spirit guides. I just finished Sonia Choquette's Ask Your Guides: Connecting to Your Divine Support System. So far I haven't seen or heard any guides, but I'm pretty sure my guardian angel is on duty.
This weekend I'm going to wrestle with the new Facebook timeline. I can hardly wait.