Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Seems to Come So Often These Days

I guess that means time is flying by, faster and faster. I'm trying to slow it down a little...

Chiseled in Rock Tuesday

It's time for Three Authors, Three Questions at Chiseled in Rock blog. This month I'm pleased to have novelist Sandra Dallas, thriller writer Jamie Freveletti, and mystery and children's author Chris Grabenstein on the Rock.


Wednesday is Did I Notice Your Book Blogfest?

Here's what it's all about:

"Post about a book you’ve noticed. You can choose a book that you’ve read, something you saw on a blog or social media site, Goodreads, or a sales website. Anything that caught your eye because of a great cover, blurb or reviews, but DON’T tell the author that their book has been noticed. Instead, shout out on social media sites, and encourage others to do the same, until the author finds his/her book.

Leave a blog comment at Ninja Captain Alex or Ciara Knight when the author finds their book. (Note:  You can also follow those links to join the fun or just see the books folks are recommending.)

Only two rules: 1) You can’t post about your own book. 2) The book shouldn’t be on the New York Times or USA Today bestseller list. This is your chance to shout out about a book that might not have been noticed by others. Let’s blow up the blogsphere with great new reads!"


 Thursday's Guest Blogger

Mystery Author Lane Stone will be here this week with her post Writers Write. I hope you'll stop by to see what she has to say about the writing life.


The Tuesday Question

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Mine is Ben & Jerry's "Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz."

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for mentioning our blogfest! One more day...

Anonymous said...

Pat - I really like your Three Authors, Three Questions feature. I'll head right over and check it out. Looking forward to Lane Stone's visit too. And that blogfest - what a great idea to give author some welcome publicity. I like it!

As to your Tuesday question? I like Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and B/J's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch - decadent! My husband and I went to the Ben and Jerry's factory once; it was a fabulous experience, complete with a sample. I recommend the trip if you're in Vermont.

Patricia Stoltey said...

You're welcome, Alex. I have a book for the fest that you might like...

Hi Karen -- Sometimes I throw a few chocolate chips on my fat free frozen yogurt to make it feel like chocolate chip ice cream...and that coffee one I like has chocolate chunks in it. Mmmmm. Chocolate.

Thanks, Margot. I enjoyed doing the 3A3Q, but will be discontinuing the feature after November because it took more time than I have. However, we'll be replacing it with some pretty interesting stuff, so stay tuned.