Saturday, November 10, 2012

Crested Butte Contest: The Sandy

Here's another great writing contest, and this one is now open to published as well as unpublished authors. The entries are capped at 250 this year, so you'll want to get busy and submit soon. All entries are done via electronic entry form now.

This final round of this contest is judged by editors and agents, which gives the finalists some excellent exposure.

The deadline of this contest is midnight on February 10, 2013.

For information, list of genres and assigned final judges, and rules for submission, visit The Sandy page of the Crested Butte websiteas well as the rules and regulations page.

You can also review the scores sheets, read the bios of the judges by following the links in the left sidebar.

Give it a shot. You never know...

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Busy with edits at the moment!

Teresa Cypher said...

Thanks for this, Patricia! I won't have anything ready to go, but know a few who might. How's your weather? Winter usually reaches you much earlier than it arrives here. :-)

Anonymous said...

Well. I've been in Gunnison (just south of CB) for 19 years and never knew this group existed-- although I knew about the annual conference. I don't know if I'll be able to be a part of the contest this year, but I sure can get involved. Thank you!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Alex, you're the busiest person I know.

Hi Teresa -- Feel free to spread the word. The Sandy is a highly respected contest (and totally unrelated to Hurricane Sandy who was just plan mean).

Julie, I lived in Colorado for ten years before I even heard of the conference, much less the contest. It's one of Colorado's best kept secrets (although I hope to spoil that).

Anonymous said...

Pat - Oh, thanks for this info! It sounds like a great opportunity.

Tammy Theriault said...

awesome! thanks for the info!!

Patricia Stoltey said...

Margot, I agree. I'm thinking about submitting one of my manuscripts, just to see what happens.

Hi Tammy. You're most welcome.

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds intriguing - thanks :)