Saturday, September 29, 2012

An At Home Mini Writing Retreat

I'm taking advantage of my husband's bridge tournament this weekend to wrap up a few projects I've been working on. Interrupted only by my need for a coffee refill and Katie Cat's need for attention, I've already made a big dent in my To Do List...and I still have today and tomorrow to FOCUS.

That's what it's all about.

1.  Make the list
2.  Set the priorities
3.  Focus

After years in the business world where multi-tasking was a good thing, I now find it counter-productive. One task at a time, one project at a time, one day at a time. That's what works best for me.

So it's hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go. "Saturday post" can now be crossed off my list. See you on Monday.

4 comments:

Rosalind Adam said...

Sounds like a useful weekend of work. I might have been tempted by the Bridge though!

Arlee Bird said...

Let's see...focus? Oh, yeah, that's what I'm supposed to do. Now let me see...focus on what? Ah me! Maybe I'll go write a blog post.

Lee
Wrote By Rote

Dean K Miller said...

Wish I were listing as much as you. Congrats.

Maybe I'll cross one two items off at the NCW retreat at SDR next month.

Anonymous said...

Pat - I hope your plan was successful. I've found too - I really have - that 'one thing at a time' is the only way I get things done.