Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Tuesday Question and More

Purchase Tom Piccirilli books direct from Crossroad Press. Until the end of the year, they'll be giving Tom 100% of the proceeds from the sale of his books. Scroll down to the previous post to see why you might want to do that.

UPDATE: The Crossroad Press website crashed last night due to so many folks trying to shop there. Tom's books are also available at all the usual places, so help this author and buy a book...anywhere. My favorite is his most recent, The Last Kind Words.

Also, Tom's wife updated his friends and fans on Facebook last night to say he was out of the five hour surgery and was awake and talking.


Chiseled in Rock Tuesday

I featured a guest post from mystery author Ann Parker on my blog a year ago. We're rerunning it today on the rock. If you missed it the first time, and if you're interested in research methods for historical fiction, join us at Chiseled in Rock blog and see what Ann has to say.


The Third Annual Baker's Dozen Agent Auction -- Dates and Guidelines!

There's a blog called Miss Snark's First Victim, and this big submission event is just waiting for you to enter your logline and the first 250 words of your completed and polished manuscript. The rules and requirements and guidelines can be found here.


NaNoWriMo--Rest Up, or Warm Up

A member of my critique group suggested I rest up before November 1st when I'll jump into my second NaNoWriMo writing frenzy.

Truth is, I spent most of the summer resting up from writing projects. My goal now is to get warmed up. Submit completed stuff, write at least 1,000 words daily in October, with the goal of adding an additional 10,000 words over the Northern Colorado Writers member retreat the last weekend in October.

Add to that my 50,000 word goal for November, and perhaps I'll finally, finally, have developed the daily writing habit. Breaking an old habit or forming a new one is supposed to take 30 days. If I meet my October/November goals, I will have written every day (except Thanksgiving Day) for 50 days. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.


Tuesday Question

And that leads directly into my question of the week. Are you going to participate in NaNoWriMo this year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat - I won't be doing NaNoWriMo this year but I have absolutely nothing but admiration for those who do. I wish you well!

Thanks also for the heads-up about Miss Snark's First Victim. I'll have to check that out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Warming up and preparing for NaNo sounds like a better plan. I participated in 2010 (wrote CassaFire during that time) but I'll be spending November editing this year.

Gina Gao said...

These sound interesting. I am definitely interested in attending an event that will help with my writing. Thanks for sharing!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Lynn Proctor said...

although i have seen this on many blogs, i must admit, i am not sure of what it is :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I did Camp NaNo for the first time so I wasn't planning on doing NaNo - but now that it's getting closer, I'm thinking about it!! :)

That's the first time I'm glad to hear I had a part in crashing a website - glad to hear Tom is doing well! I'll keep sending those healing vibes!