Friday, November 16, 2012

Stop the World, I Want to Get Off!

I'm thinking that's one of the best titles anyone ever created, and probably the best description of how we feel when our world spins out of control.

But I'm fine, my mom is stable for the moment, and I have my oldest son and new daughter-in-law joining me for Thanksgiving.

It will be a tiny lull in the action and a break from travel before I go back to my mom's for another week or so after Thanksgiving.

Blogging will continue to be hit and miss until November 29th when J.E. Taylor returns with a guest post for us. I will also have the last ever "Three Authors, Three Questions" post up at Chiseled in Rock blog next Tuesday.

Now I'm turning my attention to the Thanksgiving menu. My two favorites are old-fashioned sage dressing (using dried white bread, butter, onions, and celery) and one of my special chiffon pies (pumpkin or cranberry) in a graham cracker crust. What are your most favorite Thanksgiving treats?

7 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Patricia .. I'm glad you're mother is sufficiently stable for you to have that time at home with your son and new DIL ... enjoy the time.

Love the thought of the sage dressing .. I can't quite get my head round Graham Crackers .. over here they are plain for cheese biscuits .. I think your Graham Crackers are similar to our Digestive biscuits .. love the thought of either chiffon pies ...

Enjoy your planning and just being for a few days .. cheers Hilary

liz young said...

So glad to hear your mum is hanging in there - we went through a similar drama with my mum a couple of years back and she's still with us.
Was it you who asked me what digestive biscuits were? Anyway, I will assume from Hilary's comment that I could use them in place of graham crackers, but what's a chiffon pie? Recipe please!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Pat - I am so glad to hear your mother's holding her own and is stable. It also sounds as though you're going to have a nice Thanksgiving group. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad your mom is doing better.
Favorite is the stuffing!

Anonymous said...

Prayers for continued healing for you mother. Enjoy your Thanksgiving with family and good food (especially now that you're moldy-cheese free). Blessed holidays to you.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Hilary -- thanks for the warm thoughts. I'd forgotten that I never saw graham crackers in a store while I was in Europe. I also had to import my own peanut butter.

Lizy, I'm going to post the recipe for cranberry chiffon pie, but hopefully whip one up first so I can add a photo.

Thanks, Margot. I'm looking forward to finally spending some time with my new daughter-in-law. It will be fun.

Alex, I admit the stuffing is my favorite part too.

Julie, I appreciate that. And I can still smell that spoiled mozzarella liquid. Live and learn.