There are very few movies I like enough to watch more than once. These five, in no particular order, are exceptions:
1. Psycho (1960) -- That shower scene with Janet Leigh will haunt me forever, and yet, every five years or so, I watch the film again.
2. Love Me or Leave Me (1955) -- Doris Day sings wonderful songs in this drama about a dance hall girl who loves a piano player but can't break free of the mobster (James Cagney) who wants her. This movie isn't always easy to find, but it occasionally runs on television.
3. Jesus Christ Superstar (1973) -- I've loved all the filmed versions, and already have my ticket to see it on stage (in Northern Colorado) in April 2010. There are quite a few filmed stage musicals I can watch again and again, including The Phantom of the Opera, Showboat, South Pacific, and The King and I. However, Jesus Christ Superstar tops the list.
4. Overboard (1987) -- Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell in my favorite frivolous, fun, and charming romantic comedy. I always laugh, no matter how many times I see it.
5. Key Largo (1948) -- Humphrey Bogart, Edward G. Robinson, Lauren Bacall. I enjoy watching this film a lot more since moving away from hurricane country.
Do you love movies as much as I do? What are your all-time favorites?